Monday, January 11, 2010

This week: Joe and Sarah are still spending lots of time play testing the math card game. Sarah and I have been playing sudoku, discussing the female reproductive system, drawing, visiting friends, spending the day at a political rally in Trenton (and visiting the little museum in the basement of the state house, discussing the political process in NJ).

I'm continuing to work on my first habit of the year -- getting back to our daily rhythms. I'm struggling a little with that, but making noticeable progress. It's a relief to know that I purposely gave myself 2 weeks to get this habit on track, so I've got a whole 'nother week to get it right before I start working on a new habit.

My contemplative moods aren't very cerebral or even verbal, these days. Instead I'm centered in my body -- my joy, my sense of satisfaction and purpose, my spiritual practice... All very physical. Doesn't lend itself to journaling. Singing, dancing, crafting, homemaking, baking... A good start to the year.

1 comment: