Sunday, January 17, 2010

I'm having the best day. Singing with friends, home made bread, a companionable meal, and now Sudoku and Tintin with Sarah on a gorgeously rainy afternoon.

I forget, inbetweentimes, how music recalibrates me, makes everything right again. We had friends over to share different traditions' sacred music together, then break bread and share a potluck lunch. I feel really, deeply good about how the afternoon went. I was nervous, some social anxiety hitting unexpectedly (it can be hard to walk the line between facilitating an event and being pushy, and sometimes I'll get suddenly self-conscious about being the one talking), and there are things I would do differently next time, but overwhelmingly I just feel good, nourished, sated.

I definitely want to think about to make the transition from singing to breaking bread go more smoothly, and the bread-breaking itself to have more of a sense of community ritual. But that feels okay, that there's room for improvement. I'm already looking forward to next time.

2 comments:

  1. It was fabulous and I'm so thrilled to join you:)

    Thanks for doing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, K, I was so very glad you and your girls were able to join us! Everyone who came brought such wonderful energy and just made it a perfect afternoon.

    ReplyDelete