Sunday, December 28, 2008

We had a good Christmas. We generally host the Christmas festivities for both families -- I'll happily trade away holiday driving in return for holiday cleaning and cooking!

On this year's menu: tuscan white beans, vegetable pot pie, potato/sweet potato galette, broccoli with garlic, vegetarian gravy, tossed salad. And then gifts and a couple hours of Christmas caroling (always my favorite part of the festivities -- and every year I tell myself I'll start doing more communal singing. I miss Glee Club, miss singing with friends at the slow food potlucks. Maybe it's time to get my banjo fixed.).

I got some really excellent gifts, this year. The Ultimate Building Book, The New Vegetarian Epicure, Piratepedia and Pirate's Most Wanted (inspiration for my pirate ship room), a Louis Armstrong CD (of an album that was the first one of his I owned, many years ago, on a tape long ago lost to me), and a gorgeous wooden tray with an insert of what looks like a bit of a sari. Absolutely lovely.

One of Sarah's gifts was the Scholastic Atlas of the United States, and we're using it to plan to visit all the states. At least, all 48 contiguous states. Obviously we've got New Jersey taken care of just by going about our lives, but I think this week we're going to do something *classically* Jersey, to start our road trip journal off right!

No comments:

Post a Comment