Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow Day!

We did, indeed, have a snow day yesterday. I woke up nice and early (the ungodly hour of 6:45!), to see what the radio was saying about the weather and about other school closings, and even once I knew for sure I wouldn't be going in to work, I still couldn't fall back to sleep. So I sat in the glider and did some writing by the light coming in the front door window, and watched a couple episodes of The West Wing until Sarah woke up.

I spent most of yesterday working on this story I need to finish for a Holiday story exchange I inflict on myself every year. Joe came home several hours early, and we all spent the evening having Random Vegetable Soup (so named because its exact ingredients depend on what's in the crisper) and brownies, and staying warm in our cozy little home.

Right now Joe and Sarah are out in the snow while I finish up my story. This afternoon we're off to friends' for some board games and movies. I'm trying to give myself permission to really relax into my vacation, to let go of all the work I'd like to get done in these two weeks, and just enjoy my day of leisure.

No comments:

Post a Comment