Sunday, December 6, 2015

What I'm up to:

Reading:
Still nothing much. A little fanfic. A little neuroscience, a little polisci. Mostly pausing -- happily anticipating sinking into lots of reading, this Winter. Contemplating my gorgeous piles of books to be read.
(note on NaNoWriMo: I did not come close to finishing a novel. But in this last month I've written more of this story I've been carrying around in my heart than I had in the last several years.)

Listening to:
I've been listening a *lot* of this:

In Glee Club I let the kids choose the songs we sing, and one of them really, really wants to sing this at our winter concert. So, since it's proving almost impossible to get the melody to stick in my head, I'm listening to this song over and over. And *over*.



Watching:
Lots of Top Chef.

Doing:
Shopping. We spent some anniversary money on a new storage structure for the kitchen, and filled in spaces in our winter wardrobes. Exchanging St. Nicholas Day stockings.

Eating/Cooking:
Black Bean Meatball Subs. Vegetable Potpie (we ate a hell of a lot of it, last weekend, and it was really, really good).

Something that went particularly well, this week:
Neuroscience class. A game of Werewolf.

Something that went less well:
The reflux is through the roof, right now, as is the anxiety. I have a plan for fixing those things, but I need to figure out how to keep myself on track.

Something I'm grateful for:
My little family. My safe little home.

Something I'm thinking about:
A programming project I want to take on.

Something I'm looking forward to:
Getting the kitchen thoroughly cleaned and reorganized.
 

1 comment:

  1. Mothereffer. Really sorry about the reflux and anxiety. Keep breathing as deeply as you can, hope it passes soon.

    ReplyDelete