Sunday, December 13, 2015

What I'm up to:

Reading:
I have no idea if this is insane or part of a radical (for me) retreat, but I gathered up about a dozen books, this afternoon, that I'd would really love to finish before the end of the year.  They're all pretty short, and I have a lot of free time between now and January 1st, so it's certainly doable as long as I keep remembering that my intention is to spend most of the next 3 weeks reading.  The first book is Ex Libris (yet again) because I didn't quite finish making it all the way through the essays, last time, and if I don't finish it I don't feel right including it on my list of books read that year.

Listening to:


Watching:

This silly thing:


Doing:
Getting ready for the end of the year.  Making a capture list for those work and home tasks that would be really lovely to be able to cross off before January gets here.  Trying out different ways of keeping in touch with folks that don't involve FB.

Eating/Cooking:
White bean stew over egg noodles.  Biscuits and gravy with eggs.

Something that went particularly well, this week:
I have a collaborative craft project that I feel quite sentimental about, and I'm especially enjoying playing with that this week.  I'm also appreciating the way weaving layer upon layer of that project has helped me to see how I might weave layer upon layer of peace upon and throughout my life.  Has helped me see how I might begin to experience the layering of Peace as delightful and gratifying, instead of falling into experiencing it as drudgery or deprivation.

Something that went less well:
Bits of the week were rough.  We wound up needing to cancel a bunch of plans, this weekend, because various members of the household were under the weather.

Something I'm grateful for:
It's getting repetitive, I know, but I'm grateful for my little family and my safe little home.

Something I'm thinking about:
Where to best put my volunteer/activist resources.  What can we do to nudge the world back in the direction of compassion, lovingkindness, inclusivity, live-and-let-live?

Something I'm looking forward to:
Winter Break.  My winter break readathon.  Singing with friends on Friday, singing with my family at Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment