Wednesday, February 3, 2010

It's only Wednesday and as of yesterday it was already one of those weeks. Putting my foot in my mouth left and right, making a fool of myself or saying something that came out hurtful or obnoxious entirely without meaning it to. Just saying exactly the wrong thing, in one situation after.

And then, yesterday, Sarah had an awful day. Just ridiculously so. And, somehow, I managed to say exactly the *right* thing. Made everything better, just wiped away all the bad stuff. And, really, if I have to choose, I'll pick saying the right thing to Sarah and the wrong thing to the entire rest of the world, every. single. time.

(Of course, there are plenty of days when I haven't known how to make things better, when I've said exactly the wrong thing, or when I myself have been the problem in the first place! But I'm immensely grateful for every good Mommy day I get!)

1 comment: