Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sarah and I decided to do a month-long readathon, although our focus will still be our Great Big Giant Readathon Day on Friday. She already finished her first book -- Calvin and Hobbes It's A Magical World, and I finish mine today -- Ex Libris, again. :)

Today we started our co-op. We started out by deciding on a schedule for our Tuesdays:

* morning circle (show and tell and planning the day)
* Everything Coffee Play Club (arts and crafts)
* class 1
* No Free Lunch (anyone can sign up to talk about anything -- but it's usually me, talking about history or science or world cultures or current events)
* class 2
* class 3

The classes are what we decide during morning circle -- we agreed that I'll be prepared to provide science class, math class, spy class, writing class, and fairy scouts (as well as ECPC and NFL), and we've got a friend who's offered to teach Ireland class, but each week which classes we do will depend on what the girls are in the mood for and whether they want to offer any classes of their own. It seems like it'll be a happy medium between structure/commitment and spontaneity/whim.

Today we decorated our folders, did morning circle, did a more formal meeting, and did fairy scouts, planning our badge requirements and making some badges with Joe's button-making machine.

Holy hell I'm exhausted. I had a wonderful time, and it seems like the girls had a wonderful time, but those were some *packed* hours!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my how wonderful!!

    Ex Libris is on my list. Would love to borrow it if it is your own copy and you wouldn't mind sharing. And a button making machine??? I have come close to buying one many a time but haven't taken the plunge yet.

    ReplyDelete