Saturday, November 14, 2009

I'm up in the middle of the night, on accounta spending the last few days in bed, recovering from a non-flu virus (it was interesting to discover that my doctors are still testing for the flu, even though most articles I've seen say doctors have mostly stopped testing and just started treating anything flu-like as if it is H1N1). I'm still a little under the weather, but much better than I was on Wednesday or Thursday -- and apparently I've slept my full, for the moment, because despite feeling like I'd been hit with a sandbag as of 11 last night, I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed at 2 this morning!

Sarah and I've had an extremely quiet week, for the most part. Tuesday at co-op we read about scroll books and made our own, played some Munchkin Booty, and then did alien-of-the-week club, in which we were each assigned a type of planet at random and charged with coming up with what types of aliens would live on that planet, what their homes and clothes would look like, what their culture and religions would be, etc. I got a gas giant, and had a lot of fun with it. Sarah also had a lot of fun with her lava planet.

Other than that, we've mostly done lots of math play, this week. Joe and Sarah's math adventures have continued -- Joe is now leading them through a dungeon crawl in which Sarah charges her magic wand by doing arithmetic. They're both loving that. Sarah and I've been playing with her calculator, talking about place value and a little multiplication, and doing lots of Sudoku together.

She's also making progress on our readathon month -- she's got three books up on our readathon line on the wall, and is working on her fourth. She's making better progress than I am -- I've barely been able to make my eyes focus, the last few days -- but I'm hoping to catch up over the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I've suspected that about docs (and the general populace) treating every virus/bug as if it were H1N1. I have to say...the Stephen King head in me is quite creeped out by the lemmingness of this whole situation...

    Can we talk at some point about your coop? My interest is shifting from general appreciation to hmm, how can I possibly get in on this...

    I hope your recovery continues and your body strengthens... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiti, I don't know if you get notification of subsequent comments to a post (heck, I don't even know how to get notification of comments to my own blog! I just come back and check the next day), but absolutely, I'd be happy to talk with you about the co-op!

    Thanks for the good wishes -- it's going slowly, but I'm definitely continuing to improve!

    Oh, and on another note -- yes, Ex Libris is my own copy, and I'd be happy to lend it to you next time we see each other!

    ReplyDelete