Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

What I'm up to:

Reading: The Wood Wife, book two in my Christmas readathon.  Another old favorite, to reconnect with my love of reading.

Listening to:
After a reference to Josquin in Ex Libris, I looked him up, and am enchanted.



Watching:
The Kim Possible DVDs one of us got for Christmas.  Winter Soldier.

Doing:
Earlier this week we drove into Queens for our Christmas visit with my Grandma.  In a lovely bit of synchronicity, the rest of my family also chose that day for their Christmas visit, so I got the chance to really relax and visit with everyone in a way I couldn't when I was busy hosting on Christmas Eve.  It was so indescribably good to see them all.  Other than that we're mostly reading, decluttering, and watching movies.  No board games so far this week.  We must fix that.

Eating/Cooking:
For Christmas we did mostly finger foods -- we made a very lemony hummus and herby focaccia -- and scones and apple spice cake.

Something that went particularly well, this week:
Our routines were cozy and we stuck to them at least moderately well.  Sitting together and reading in the morning was...  really good.

Something that went less well:
A bit of a stomach bug.  A bit of anxiety.  A bit of grief.

Something I'm grateful for:
My family.  Having the freedom and the luxury to make the choices I'm making about shifting my focus to home and family.

Something I'm thinking about:
What kind of magic phone I should get.

Something I'm looking forward to:
June. Sunday, to have one more relaxing day at home before shifting into the school/work week.  Monday, to start getting more deeply into my new work practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment