Sunday, July 12, 2015

What I'm doing this week:

Reading: _The Science Class You Wish You Had_.   I picked it up years ago and have started reading it at least twice but never finished it.   I've been listening to "The Joy of Science" in the car, and since the more you know about a subject the easier you find it to remember new information about it, this seemed like a good thing to be reading in parallel with "The Joy of Science".  So far it's easy reading but not particularly engaging -- but they haven't yet gotten to the meat of the subject.  I'll give it another couple chapters before I form any definite opinion.

Listening to: Cake!


Watching: Death in Paradise.  My cousin recommended it to me when we realized how similar our tastes in TV shows are.  I put it on our netflix queue but never got around to trying it out.  The other night we put it on as a "we can't seem to decide on anything else, let's try this out" option...  And promptly devoured three episodes in a row.  It's lighthearted and fun to watch.  It's also hilarious to read all the bad reviews it's getting.  Comedy Lizards!

Doing: Yet more yardwork!  Taking friends to visit our favorite haunts in Montclair.  Watching a live performance of comic books at our favorite comic shop.  Gaming with friends.  Even more yardwork.

Eating/Cooking:  Baked pakora, apple handpies, apple regular-pies, lots of tea and beans and rice.

Something that went particularly well this week:  The work we're doing on the yard and house.  It's steady and hard and alternating between boring and stressful, but it feels really good to be getting it done.

Something that went less well:  The hot water heater which the plumber had allegedly fixed is currently non-functional again.

Something I'm grateful for: All the women talking about their experience of perimenopause, so I know I'm not alone.

Something I'm thinking about:  What to make for dinner this week.  :)

Something I'm looking forward to: being really, truly, no BS *done* with the current yardwork project.

No comments:

Post a Comment